Duration: 28 minutes
This lecture will lead you through a detailed look at alcohol use disorders and how they can vary in degrees from mild to life threatening. Regardless of the degree of severity, they all have a substantial impact on an individual’s life expectancy, mortality and/or morbidity.
The different types of alcohol use problems are classified as binge drinking, alcohol abuse (problem drinking) and alcohol dependence (alcoholism).
You will learn how to capture all of the relevant underwriting information from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information for mortality impact.
Prerequisites (if no prior underwriting experience)
- Medical Terminology
- Proper File Documentation
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Classify the varying degrees of severity with alcohol use and the associated risks with mortality
- Describe the different types of alcohol use problems and why these are important in Underwriting
- Demonstrate your ability to identify favorable and unfavorable characteristics from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information for mortality impact, through case analysis and assessment
- You must agree to the Terms of Service on the Cart Page prior to purchasing
- You will receive your LOGiQ³ LMS user login details via email within 24 hours of purchase
- An internet connection is required to complete course(s) purchased
- You will have 12 months access to each module(s) purchased from the date of purchase
- Purchasing in bulk (30+ courses), please Contact Us
- Not ready to purchase? Sign Up for a FREE Trial of program for seven (7) days!
Download our full course syllabus for more information