Duration: 125 minutes
In this lecture you will learn about one of the most critical impairments in life underwriting, diabetes. We will discuss what causes diabetes, how it is diagnosed, the treatment required, the complications and risk factors and how each of these aspects of the disease increase the mortality risk.
We will discuss diabetes from an underwriter’s perspective outlining the key issues to be aware of when reviewing a case on an applicant with diabetes.
Prerequisites (if no prior underwriting experience)
- Medical Terminology
- Proper File Documentation
- Blood Pressure
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the causes, diagnosis, signs and symptoms, complications, risk factors, treatment and control for Diabetes Type 1, 2, and Gestational Diabetes when assessing an application.
- Categorize all relevant information to assess the mortality
- Demonstrate your ability to identify favorable and unfavorable characteristics of diabetes through case analysis and assessment.
- You must agree to the Terms of Service on the Cart Page prior to purchasing
- You will receive your LOGiQ³ LMS user login details via email within 24 hours of purchase
- An internet connection is required to complete course(s) purchased
- You will have 12 months access to each module(s) purchased from the date of purchase
- Purchasing in bulk (30+ modules), please Contact Us
- Not ready to purchase? Sign Up for a FREE Trial of program for seven (7) days!
Download our full course syllabus for more information