Duration: 135 minutes
This lecture will lead you through a detailed look at the anatomy and physiology of the liver. You will learn how the liver works and some of the major responsibilities of the liver. You will also learn how the liver is affected by various viruses, toxic substances, contaminants and disease.
Understanding the anatomy and physiology of the liver will help you to understand the various diseases that affect the liver and how these are diagnosed, treated and underwritten. You will learn about diseases and disorders of the liver including such as Fatty Liver, NASH (non-alcoholic steatohepatitis), Cirrhosis and Hepatomegaly.
Some of these may not necessarily be a disease but rather a sign or disorder of some serious underlying liver disease which is why it is important for an underwriting to be able to understand what is the disease and the process and what is a sign and has the underlying pathology been diagnosed.
This lecture will also lead us through a detailed look at viruses that affect the liver and cause inflammation of either an acute or chronic nature. You will learn about Hepatitis A, B, C, D and E and about the signs and symptoms, diagnosis, risk factors, complications, treatment and finally how the hepatitis risk is underwritten. As with all other modules you will learn about the signs and symptoms, the diagnostic process, risk factors, complications and how to underwrite these liver diseases and disorders.
Prerequisites (if no prior underwriting experience)
- Medical Terminology
- Proper File Documentation
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Classify the anatomy, physiology and core functions of the liver.
- Differentiate between liver functions tests, and how an Underwriter assesses results.
- Identify the various diseases that affect the liver, including Fatty Liver, NASH, Cirrhosis, and Hepatomegaly, and how these are diagnosed, treated, their complications, and how they are underwritten.
- Differentiate between Hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E and how to underwrite each of these.
- Capture and defend all of the relevant information from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information to make correct underwriting decisions through case analysis and practice.
- You must agree to the Terms of Service on the Cart Page prior to purchasing
- You will receive your LOGiQ³ LMS user login details via email within 24 hours of purchase
- An internet connection is required to complete course(s) purchased
- You will have 12 months access to each module(s) purchased from the date of purchase
- Purchasing in bulk (30+ courses), please Contact Us
- Not ready to purchase? Sign Up for a FREE Trial of program for seven (7) days!
Download our full course syllabus for more information