This course will lead you through a detailed look at the diseases and disorders that affect cardiac conduction system. We will discuss how the diseases and disorders are diagnosed, the treatment required, the complications and risk factors and how each of these aspects of the disease increases the mortality risk. We will discuss diseases and disorders of the cardiac conduction system from an underwriter’s perspective, outlining the key issues to be aware of when reviewing a case on an applicant with arrhythmia or heart blocks.
Prerequisites (if no prior underwriting experience)
- Medical Terminology & Proper File Documentation
- Blood Pressure
- Coronary Artery Disease
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Classify the anatomy, physiology, and core functions of the cardiac conduction system, and the diseases and disorders that impact mortality
- Define diseases and disorders of the cardiac conduction system, such as atrial fibrillation or flutter, tachycardia, premature contractions, bradycardia, and the different types of heart blocks, and their impact on underwriting.
- Outline the treatment required to control the symptoms and the further progression of the disease as well as the potential complications of the disease which can worsen the mortality
- Capture and defend all of the relevant information from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information to make correct underwriting decisions through case analysis and practice
- You must agree to the Terms of Service on the Cart Page prior to purchasing
- You will receive your LOGiQ³ LMS user login details via email within 24 hours of purchase
- An internet connection is required to complete course(s) purchased
- You will have 12 months access to each module(s) purchased from the date of purchase
- Purchasing in bulk (30+ courses), please Contact Us
- Not ready to purchase? Sign Up for a FREE Trial of program for seven (7) days!
Download our full course syllabus for more information