Duration: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Welcome to the Diseases of the Colon course. We will discuss how the diseases and disorders are diagnosed, the treatment required, the complications and risk factors and how each of these aspects of the disease increases the mortality risk.
We will discuss diseases and disorders of the colon from an underwriter’s perspective, outlining the key issues to be aware of when reviewing a case on an applicant. You will learn about some of the diseases and disorders, including diverticulosis, diverticulitis, IBS, polyps, ulcerative colitis, microscopic colitis, and ischemic colitis, which are all commonly seen in underwriting. You will not only learn about the diseases but also the signs and symptoms, the risk factors, and diagnostic techniques including the testing used to confirm a diagnosis. You will learn about the treatment required to control the symptoms and the further progression of the disease as well as potential complications of the disease which can worsen the mortality.
Lastly, you will learn how to capture all of this relevant information from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information for mortality impact.
Prerequisites (if no prior underwriting experience)
- Medical Terminology & Proper File Documentation
- Blood Pressure
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Classify the anatomy, physiology, and core functions of the colon.
- Identify the various diseases and disorders that affect the colon, including Diverticulosis, Diverticulitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Polyps, Ulcerative Colitis, Microscopic Colitis and Ischemic Colitis, and how these are diagnosed, treated, their complications, and how they are underwritten.
- Capture and defend all of the relevant information from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information to make correct underwriting decisions through case analysis and practice.
- You must agree to the Terms of Service on the Cart Page prior to purchasing
- You will receive your LOGiQ³ LMS user login details via email within 24 hours of purchase
- An internet connection is required to complete course(s) purchased
- You will have 12 months access to each module(s) purchased from the date of purchase
- Purchasing in bulk (30+ courses)/? Please Contact Us
- Not ready to purchase? Sign Up for a FREE Trial of our program for seven (7) days!
Download our full course syllabus for more information