Blood pressure affects mortality and it is a risk factor for coronary artery disease and strokes. It can also be a complication for many diseases. In this course, you will learn how blood pressure affects and can be affected by other co-morbidities. Although not commonly seen in underwriting, the lecture will also briefly discuss Hypotension.
Prerequisites (if no prior underwriting experience)
- Medical Terminology
- Proper File Documentation
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify how blood pressure readings outside the normal range can affect the underwriting of a case.
- Appreciate the relationship between blood pressure and other conditions.
- Examine all of the relevant information from the underwriting evidence and evaluate the information for mortality impact
- Interpret blood pressure readings as normotensive, hypotensive, or hypertensive when assessing a case.
- Rate blood pressure risk in an individual.
- Practice your ability to identify favorable and unfavorable characteristics from the
- underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information for mortality impact, through
- case analysis and assessment.
- You must agree to the Terms of Service on the Cart Page prior to purchasing
- You will receive your LOGiQ³ LMS user login details via email within 24 hours of purchase
- An internet connection is required to complete course(s) purchased
- You will have 12 months access to each module(s) purchased from the date of purchase
- Purchasing in bulk (30+ courses), please Contact Us
- Not ready to purchase? Sign Up for a FREE Trial of program for seven (7) days!
Download our full course syllabus for more information