In this lecture you will learn about a key risk assessment tool – The Blood Chemistry Profile (BCP). You will learn about common blood tests that are performed for insurance and their significance in underwriting. You will learn how to interpret the blood test results and how to read the results in the context of how and when the sample was drawn, the insured’s age, gender and medical history.
Finally, you will learn how to capture all of this relevant underwriting information from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information for mortality impact.
Prerequisites (if no prior underwriting experience)
- Medical Terminology
- Proper File Documentation
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Interpret the Blood Chemistry Profile (BCP) when assessing a case.
- Identify the common insurance tests used and their significance in risk analysis for life insurance.
- Interpret the blood test results and how to read the results in the context of how and when the sample was drawn, the insured’s age, gender, and medical history.
- Prioritize the various favorable and unfavorable factors an Underwriter must account for when assessing a case with abnormal blood chemistry results.
- Illustrate your understanding of Blood Chemistry Profile through case analysis and assessment.
- You must agree to the Terms of Service on the Cart Page prior to purchasing
- You will receive your LOGiQ³ LMS user login details via email within 24 hours of purchase
- An internet connection is required to complete course(s) purchased
- You will have 12 months access to each module(s) purchased from the date of purchase
- Purchasing in bulk (30+ courses), please Contact Us
- Not ready to purchase? Sign Up for a FREE Trial of program for seven (7) days!
Download our full course syllabus for more information