Duration: 68 minutes
You will learn about one of the most challenging impairments in life underwriting, hematological disorders. We will define hematology and its key components followed by focus on the hematological disorders themselves – how they are diagnosed, the causes, the treatment required, the complications and risk factors and how each of these aspects of the disease increase the mortality risk. You will learn about coagulation disorders, as well as platelets, red blood cells, and white blood cells and the diseases and disorders associated with these.
Finally, you will learn how to capture all of this relevant information from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information for mortality impact.
Prerequisites (if no prior underwriting experience)
- Medical Terminology
- Proper File Documentation
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define hematological disorders, how they are diagnosed, treated, their complications and risk factors from an Underwriter’s perspective when reviewing a case.
- Differentiate between the various diseases of the red and white blood cells, platelets, and coagulation disorders when assessing the risk.
- Capture and defend all of the relevant information from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information to make a solid underwriting decision on an applicant with hematological disorder(s), through case analysis and practice.
- You must agree to the Terms of Service on the Cart Page prior to purchasing
- You will receive your LOGiQ³ LMS user login details via email within 24 hours of purchase
- An internet connection is required to complete course(s) purchased
- You will have 12 months access to each module(s) purchased from the date of purchase
- Purchasing in bulk (30+ courses), please Contact Us
- Not ready to purchase? Sign Up for a FREE Trial of program for seven (7) days!
Download our full course syllabus for more information