Duration: 45 minutes
This lecture will lead you through an understanding of leukemia, a bone marrow cancer and lymphoma, a cancer that originates in the lymphoid tissue. We will discuss how leukemia and lymphoma are diagnosed, graded, staged, and treated.
The lecture will guide you through the staging of a lymphoma/leukemia and how to interpret that information for a mortality assessment. You will learn how to read a pathology report and capture the relevant information to assess this cancer risk.
Finally, you will learn how to capture all of this relevant information from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information for mortality impact.
Prerequisites (if no prior underwriting experience)
- Medical Terminology
- Proper File Documentation
- Tumors - Overview
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Categorize the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system
- Distinguish between Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, and summarize the risk factors, signs and symptoms, diagnosis, staging and treatment an Underwriter must consider when assessing risk.
- Assess the different types of leukemia and how to interpret the diagnostic results for leukemia.
- Analyze and interpret the pathology report.
- Capture and defend all of the relevant information from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information to make correct underwriting decisions through case analysis and practice.
- You must agree to the Terms of Service on the Cart Page prior to purchasing
- You will receive your LOGiQ³ LMS user login details via email within 24 hours of purchase
- An internet connection is required to complete course(s) purchased
- You will have 12 months access to each module(s) purchased from the date of purchase
- Purchasing in bulk (30+ courses), please Contact Us
- Not ready to purchase? Sign Up for a FREE Trial of program for seven (7) days!
Download our full course syllabus for more information