This lecture will lead you through an understanding of skin cancer (melanoma). We will discuss how melanoma is staged, diagnosed and treated.
Risk factors play an important role in underwriting because some risk factors can worsen the prognosis of a disease. You will learn about pre-malignant skin conditions as well as the other risk factors for skin cancer.
The lecture will guide you through the staging of a melanoma and how to interpret that information for a mortality assessment. You will learn how to read a pathology report to capture the relevant information to assess the melanoma risk.
Finally, you will learn how to capture all of this relevant information from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information for mortality impact.
Prerequisites (if no prior underwriting experience)
- Medical Terminology
- Proper File Documentation
- Tumors - Overview
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Read and interpret the biopsy and surgical pathology report of melanoma
- Identify malignant melanoma, including the staging, grading, diagnosis and treatment.
- Identify other malignant skin tumors, including the treatment for non-melanoma
- Demonstrate your ability to identify favorable and unfavorable characteristics from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information for mortality impact, through case analysis and assessment.
- You must agree to the Terms of Service on the Cart Page prior to purchasing
- You will receive your LOGiQ³ LMS user login details via email within 24 hours of purchase
- An internet connection is required to complete course(s) purchased
- You will have 12 months access to each module(s) purchased from the date of purchase
- Purchasing in bulk (30+ courses), please Contact Us
- Not ready to purchase? Sign Up for a FREE Trial of program for seven (7) days!
Download our full course syllabus for more information