In this lecture you will learn about mental disorders. We will discuss its possible causes, how they’re diagnosed, the treatment required, the complications and risk factors and how each of these aspects of the disease increase the mortality risk.
We will discuss mental disorders from an underwriter’s perspective outlining the key issues to be aware of when reviewing a case on an applicant with a mental disorder.
You will learn how to capture all of this relevant information from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information for mortality impact.
Prerequisites (if no prior underwriting experience):
- Medical Terminology
- Proper File Documentation
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Classify the different mental disorders commonly seen by an Underwriter, including OCD, ADHD, Anxiety Disorders, Eating Disorders, Mood Disorders, and Bipolar Disorders.
- Outline the signs and symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and risk factors an Underwriter must consider.
- Capture and defend all of the relevant information from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information to make correct underwriting decisions through case analysis and practice.
- You must agree to the Terms of Service on the Cart Page prior to purchasing
- You will receive your LOGiQ³ LMS user login details via email within 24 hours of purchase
- An internet connection is required to complete course(s) purchased
- You will have 12 months access to each module(s) purchased from the date of purchase
- Purchasing in bulk (30+ courses), please Contact Us
- Not ready to purchase? Sign Up for a FREE Trial of program for seven (7) days!
Download our full course syllabus for more information