This lecture will lead you through an understanding of breast cancer, the different types of breast cancer most often seen in underwriting, the signs and symptoms of breast cancer, how breast cancer is diagnosed, treated and finally how it’s underwritten.
Risk factors play an important role in underwriting because some risk factors can worsen the prognosis of a disease. We will also learn about the risk factors for breast cancer.
The lecture will guide you through grading and staging a cancer and how to interpret that information to obtain a mortality assessment. We will learn how to read a pathology report to capture the relevant information to assess the breast cancer risk.
Lastly you will learn how to capture all of this relevant information from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information for mortality impact.
Prerequisites (if no prior underwriting experience):
- Medical Terminology
- Proper File Documentation
- Tumors - Overview
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the different types of breast cancer most often seen in underwriting.
- Outline the signs and symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, risk factors, and the staging and grading an Underwriter must consider.
- Examine and interpret the results of a biopsy and surgical pathology report and capture the relevant information to assess the breast cancer risk.
- Capture and defend all of the relevant information from the underwriting evidence and how to evaluate the information to make correct underwriting decisions through case analysis and practice.
- You must agree to the Terms of Service on the Cart Page prior to purchasing
- You will receive your LOGiQ³ LMS user login details via email within 24 hours of purchase
- An internet connection is required to complete course(s) purchased
- You will have 12 months access to each module(s) purchased from the date of purchase
- Purchasing in bulk (30+ courses), please Contact Us
- Not ready to purchase? Sign Up for a FREE Trial of program for seven (7) days!
Download our full course syllabus for more information